May 30, 2019
- We have officially released our cart v3.0 beta. Contact us for access.
April 30, 2019
- You can now trigger a discount when a product of a specific category is added to the cart
- You can set a maximum number of item in a cart affected by a discount.
November 30, 2018
- You can now change a subscription billing cycle by redifining the next billing date.
August 30, 2018
- We have added merchant credentials support for TaxJar users.
- You can now trigger a webhook event when a subscription is paused or resumed.
August 6, 2018
- We now officially support Square payments. Details.
August 1, 2018
- We are now compliant with Stripe Radar 2.0. Transactions processed through Stripe will be even more secure! Details.
- Our Mollie integration has been updated to support their v2.0.
July 4, 2018
- We pushed half a dozen quick fixes to make the dashboard experience smoother.
- You can now see which browsers customers are buying from in order details and developer logs.
June 1, 2018
- Google Analytics E-Commerce Tracking integration has been improved. Events are now sent at every step of checkout + we support gtag.js. Details.
- GDPR compliance FAQ & DPA have been released; Terms of Service updated.
February 5, 2018
- Custom validation during checkout is now available. Details.
December 1, 2017
- Customers with an account on a merchant's site can now update their billing/shipping information. When subscribed to a recurring plan, they can also update their credit card details. Details.
- A subscription can now be updated in the dashboard. You can change the subscription amount, interval, quantity or interval count. Details.
November 6, 2017
- We integrated TaxJar for automated sale tax calculation, especially VAT. Details.
- You can now pause and resume a subscription from the dashboard. Details.
- We added the documentation for our subscriptions API . Details.
October 3, 2017
- Subscriptions & recurring plans went through a complete refactoring. Many improvements now live. Details.
- Snipcart.api.plans is now obsolete, you should update your code to use Snipcart.api.items instead. Details.
- Subscription webhooks have been updated, please take a look at the changes. Details.
September 11, 2017
- Selling digital goods & downloads is now supported out of the box. Details.
- You can now search for discounts more easily in the dashboard.
August 3, 2017
- You can now set automatic multi-step recovery email campaigns for abandoned carts. Details.
- Customers who bought subscription plans on your site can now pause them easily. Details.
June 5, 2017
- You can now archive a discount that has already been used. This will allow you to remove a discount without impacting clients already using it. Previously you had to change its expiration date to remove it. Details.
- Subscriptions are now listed in the dashboard. This makes it easier to manage active subscriptions, which will all be listed in one place. Details.
- You can now set your business VAT number. It will show up on the Snipcart's usage invoices. For merchants with law requirements (in some locations the VAT number is required in facturation). Details.
- Refunds are now available through our API. Our goal is to give to merchants most of the features they need directly included in our product and now they can manage all their refunds directly through Snipcart's API. Details.
- A new attribute has been added to set a quantity modifier. Your products only sell in bundles of 2, 4, 6... 100? It's not a problem anymore as this can be adjusted. Details.
- A discount can now be removed from a cart in progress. Customers will be able to remove an already entered discount without starting the buying process all over again.
April 4, 2017
- Custom shipping methods (rates by location & weight) can now be defined in the dashboard with a new, simple matrix. Details.
- A new JS API to apply discounts is now available. Details.
- You now have quick access to period-filtering shortcuts in dashboard reports.
- Our JSON crawler documentation has been extended & improved. Details.
- You can now add custom metadata to Snipcart items. Details.
March 7, 2017
- The lack of an HTTPS connexion can now trigger browser security flags on pages with credit card forms (such as pages where Snipcart is included). If you haven't done it, we strongly recommend installing an SSL certificate. Details.
March 6, 2017
- We now officially support Braintree Payments for US merchants. Details.
- You can now download more detailed invoices of your Snipcart usage. Details.
February 8, 2017
- Cart and dashboard performance have been improved: we moved our cart API to an isolated process, removing load from our main databases.
- We've improved our integration with UPS to provide more accurate shipping rates.
- Inventory status can now be specified when posting new products via our JSON crawler.
December 5, 2016
- We've improved support experience with a custom Intercom integration. Hit the new icon in your dashboard's bottom right corner to try it. Details.
- Your customers can now auto-complete credit card fields during checkout if their browser has the info saved.
- The documentation to access abandoned carts via our API is live. Details.
- The documentation to access products via our API is live. Details.
November 1, 2016
- We added your latest completed orders to the dashboard reporting screen.
- You can now customize refund emails using our templates in the dashboard. Details.
- Subjects in email templates can now be defined and customized. Details.
October 5, 2016
- You can now customize email invoices in the dashboard with new Handlebars templates. Details.
- We are now supporting multi-users accounts. Details.
- We revamped the notification center and synchronized changelog updates with it. Details.
September 8, 2016
- We improved analytics and reports in the dashboard with clearer visuals and new data. Details.
- We added native inventory management to Snipcart. You can now manage product & options stocks within your dashboard. Details.
August 1, 2016
- We greatly improved debugging workflow for developers. More info sent to browser dev tools, and a new developer logs section in the dashboard. Details.
- You can now fetch products on your site manually to display them in your dashboard Products section. Details.
July 4, 2016
- We're now fully integrated with Mollie, the popular payment solution for European merchants. Details.
- You can now send retrieval and promotional emails to customers who've abandoned carts. Details.
- We're now providing product details such as times sold, total revenues, product attributes, and more in the dashboard Products section. Details.
May 30, 2016
- You can now send email tracking numbers and shipping notifications via the dashboard. Details.
- You can now access a segmented list of all the abandoned carts for your store in the dashboard. Details.
- We now display a list of your store's products & their performance in the dashboard. Details.
May 2, 2016
- You can now import your store's Test mode settings to Live mode with a simple click. Details.
- You can now assign a tracking number to specific orders in your dashboard. Details.
April 13, 2016
- We released the 'v2.0' of our shopping cart, making customization way more easy and flexible for developers. Details.
February 2, 2016
- We're now supporting multi-currency for Snipcart stores. Details.
January 5, 2016
- Started publishing roadmap updates in the public changelog.